Pages

Followers

Powered by Blogger.
RSS
Post Icon

You can make money ... off your hair?!?!

Hey everyone! So, as you can see by the title, you can actually make money off your hair. I know, its kind of strange to think about, actually really strange to think about. Just chopping off your hair and sending it off to someone else to use.


Back in seventh grade I donated my hair to locks of love, and back then it was long. It was down close to my hips I think. But I cut it down to my shoulders and for a while I kept it shorter, but I eventually started growing it out without really deciding to. Last year I was talking to my friend about donating my hair and she brought up that I should sell it. She is from Poland, and I guess in Poland people don't donate their hair, they sell it. For a few hundred dollars. Yup. A few hundred dollars. For hair.

I have looked it up since then and there are hair auction sites out there. And it is really amazing if you think about it. But I know that for most everyone, their finances are pretty tight right now and you could make a few hundred dollars for selling your hair. You could put it in the bank and save it up, you could go on a shopping spree, you could do a lot of things with that money. And I think I would like to donate some of the money that I make, but instead of it just going to locks of love, you could give some money to an organization you really care about.

But selling your hair is painless. Sure, you could always sell other body products, but selling your hair is a completely painless way to make some extra money, without needing to make a trip to the hospital or any facility like that.

My sister and I have been talking about doing this for a while. I don't think that we have yet to seriously talk about doing it, but I do think that both of us really would like to do this. She's in college, and I'm working on saving up my money to get to my goal by the end of the year. But, regardless of your situation, I think everyone could always use some extra money.

But, I'll keep going out my hair for a bit longer before I think I'm ready to chop it off anyway.

What do you guys think?! Is this just weird and you would never do it? Or do you love the idea? Comment below and tell me! Thank you everyone!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment