Pages

Followers

Powered by Blogger.
RSS
Post Icon

How to save money on clothes

Hey everyone! So, today's post will just be a few tips on saving money on clothes. :)


1. Buy your staple pieces. Your staple pieces include things like jeans, solid black and white shirts (both long sleeve and short sleeve) and the rest kind of depend on your profession and what you are wearing these things for. For me, as a high school student, the jeans, black and white shirts, and I'd say a good solid colored cardigan (white, black, or gray) are staple pieces. I have a few different black and white short sleeve shirts and I definitely find them necessary to your wardrobe. These can be worn with so many outfits in so many ways, where other shirts you have you only know of one way to wear it. These basics are great for layering, pairing with accessories, or just wearing by itself.

2. Buy versatile pieces. When you're out shopping, look for pieces that can be worn in more than just one way or outfit. Yes, it is fine to have pieces that you love that can only be worn one way, but try to build up a large portion of your wardrobe with versatile pieces. This way you can create many different outfits with only a few different pieces.

3. Buy accessories. Accessories like necklaces, bracelets, earrings, hair pieces and scarves all can instantly transform your outfit. These are great for just wearing with your basic, staple items, or any of your outfits at all. But you can find accessories really cheap and they instantly can add to an outfit, or make a completely different outfit.

4. Shop the sale racks. I am extremely cheap and I never spend a lot on any one clothing item. But whenever I go to the mall I scope out the sale and clearance racks. Especially if you go shopping at the end of the season, you can find great pieces at extreme discounts. You might have to wait a few months to wear the item, but unless you're working on losing weight or you think your body will change a lot by the time that you'll be able to wear it, it is definitely worth it. Even outside of end-of-the-season sales you can find great items on sale for a fraction of the price of what it originally was.

5. Set a limit. And follow it. I know that for some people this is easier said than done, but set a limit on what you're willing to spend per item. I am cheap and I am never willing to spend more than $10 for a shirt, or a skirt. And I'll only spend around $20 for jeans, maximum. It is not impossible to find clothing items for that low, either. Like I said in #4, shop through the sale racks and you'll find great pieces. But make sure that you do not go over your limit. You might set an overall limit, but I find it better to set a limit for different items that way I don't spend all my money on one shirt.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

Martin said...

Excellent post and wonderful blog, I really like this type of interesting articles about fashion and casual outfits


http://www.apparelnbags.com/van-heusen/index.htm

Post a Comment