Pages

Followers

Powered by Blogger.
RSS
Post Icon

How to save money on clothes: Part 2

1. Use cash. If you have the option to use a credit card or debit card, don't. If you set a limit for how much to spend, and you use cash, you are forced to stick with that limit. With credit/debit, there's nothing stopping you from spending $100 on a shirt. But if you don't have the money, you can't buy it.


2. Be organized. Make sure that your closet and dresser are at least semi-organized. If you everything is where it is supposed to be, you'll have a better idea of if you already have a similar clothing piece. This way you avoid buying multiple of the same item.

3. Venture outside of the mall. I've made a post before saying how much I love thrift stores. But thrift stores can be an amazing way to save money. But make sure that you don't go into a resale shop that is overpriced and justify your purchase using the fact that it is a resale shop. Some thrift stores do rip you off and charge way more than you should. I went to a store called Ross for the first time not too long ago, and I loved it. It is a designer discount store and they have amazing deals. I got a pair of Steve Madden sparkly flats for about $12. I absolutely love them. Only I can't wear them because it finally decided to snow, but there were a few days that were warm following Christmas break, and I wore them to school maybe 2 times. And I got so many compliments on them. But they didn't know that I spent only $12 on them. Except for my friends that I bragged to about only spending $12. :) Try shopping online, too. eBay can have amazing deals sometimes.

4. Be a wise consumer. This kind of goes with the last post about making sure that you don't get overcharged at a thrift store. But any worker at a store will be there to try to persuade you to buy from them. I was at this store in the mall once and a worker was doing an amazing job of convincing me to buy a scarf. I did end up buying it, but I never wore it. Stand your ground and don't overpay for an item that you know you could get cheaper.

5. Don't make impulse purchases or retail therapy purchases. I know some people use retail therapy to solve their problems, but it doesn't solve your problems. You still have your problems, plus extra clothes that you might never wear, plus you now have less money that you wasted on clothes. Make sure that you have a clear head when you go out shopping. And I know we all sometimes see a certain item and want it immediately, but know that you shouldn't get it. If a certain item is over what you would normally spend for that piece, think it over. Many people suggest leaving the store and coming back another day if you still want it. But if you're out shopping for a day, I'd suggest just leaving and coming back before you head home for the day. Make sure that you really want the item before you purchase it. But if you do decide to purchase it on an impulse buy, make sure you keep the receipt and know their return policy. That way, you could always buy it and then return it a few days later if you're afraid someone else will get it.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment