Pages

Followers

Powered by Blogger.
RSS
Post Icon

♥♥♥

Okay, I know I have said before that you all should really check out a thrift store, and this is the exact reason why. Yesterday I went to Goodwill and spent a few hours browsing through a bunch of different racks. I left having spent a whopping $22.93. And guess how many things I got? 7 items for 22 dollars. One of those items was an American Eagle sweatshirt that would normally cost over $20. Another item was a pair of skinny jeans that I looked up and cost about $50 at Nordstroms. And I paid $3.54 for them. That's how much a Starbucks drink costs, but I got a pair of jeans for that price. And the hoodie cost that much too. Plus I got 5 other things, all for a total of $23. I had my 5% Club Goodwill Discount, plus I brought in bags and got a discount from that, plus I had a 25% off discount. Even without my discounts, I would have only paid $4.99 for my most expensive items, which were my jeans, hoodie, and a really cute cardigan from H&M.

Only the thing is, I went in looking for Spring Clothes and I didn't get a single Spring item. I realized that after I got home, and I think I was looking in the wrong section. They have two different women's sections at my local Goodwill, and the pieces are normally all mixed up between the two, but I realized that the section I was looking at only had long sleeve shirts. So I'm hoping to go back next Saturday to look for some Spring items this time. I won't have 25% off this time, but students get 10% off on Saturdays if you are a Club Goodwill member.

I don't think I have ever been this happy with what I have purchased at my Goodwill. The unfortunate thing about thrift shops is they won't always have merchandise that you will like, but you can get absolutely amazing deals. And really good thrifters are able to go out and spent way less than what I did on clothes, which absolutely astounds me.

But please go check out a local thrift store of yours. Yes, half the stuff you find there will be clothes from the 80s; and you will probably be mentally, physically, and emotionally exhausted by the end of the day, but there are so many reasons to check one out. I found a Victoria's Secret shirt at my Goodwill, as well as many Aeropostale and a few American Eagle Jeans. I also came across a bunch of Abercrombie tops and many other brand name pieces. But you pay sooo much less at thrift shops. And if you bring a friend or a sister or mother, you will probably have a lot of fun laughing at all the weird clothes that you find, wondering if they were ever really in style.

But if you do check out your thrift store, make sure that you thoroughly look over your items for stains or holes or rips, or anything like that.

Have any of you guys ever visited your local thrift stores? Do you guys have any amazing finds? Comment below! :)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment