I am very, I'm not sure how to put this. Frugal? Thrifty? Cheap? However you like to look at it, I do not like to spend that much money on things. I have to say that one of my favorite places to go clothes shopping is Goodwill. Not only do I not like to spend a lot of money, but I really love old things, especially old books. and with Goodwill I do really like looking at the clothes, but I think one of my favorite things I have ever gotten from Goodwill was this children's picture dictionary from 1939 for $3. I don't know what it is, but I absolutely love old books.
Anywho, let's get back on topic here. Thrift shops are absolutely amazing. There are so many great finds to be found. (Does that make sense?) And the clothes are generally so inexpensive. Yes, there are many, many very strange things you will find. And a lot of clothes that you will question if that type of style was ever in. But if you take the time to go through the clothes, you will find some good pieces in there. I'd have to say that my favorite piece in my closet right now is probably a gray cardigan that I found at Goodwill. I wear it probably around once a week. It goes with almost everything in my closet, and I absolutely love it. And guess how much it was?
$2.83. Yup. Less than $3. Goodwill is already so inexpensive, but they have all these discounts that they give out too. I have a Club Goodwill card and when my purchase goes over $20, I get a discount of I think 5%. I'm not sure about the percent, but I know you get a discount. :)
Most of the clothes aren't in bad condition either. Yes, you probably go to Goodwill for your Halloween costume, or an ugly sweater party. But I would definitely recommend going and checking out their clothes. I've even seen Ugg boots at my local Goodwill. Maybe make a whole day out of thrift store shopping. That's what I've been wanting to do. I haven't really been to any local thrift shops, but I've told my sister that one day we should go out and visit every thrift store in town. Hey, who knows? You might even find a new favorite place to go clothes shopping!







2 comments:
Have you looked at the Goodwill outlet? Basically, if Goodwill doesn't have time to sort through stuff, they dump it there are sell it for SUPER FRICKIN cheap. My mom took me on a shopping spree there on my birthday. At checkout, our cart was piled high with heaps of clothing, and the whole thing was less than $20. It takes a little more time to sort through it all, since it's basically heaps of clothing in bins, totally unsorted, but it's so worth it. i found tons of super cute clothing!
Goodwill outlet? That sounds faintly familiar, but I have never been to one. A whole cartfull of clothing for less than $20? That is pretty amazing. I definitely need to find one near me. Haha, I think I finally have a New Years Resolution: Go to a Goodwill Outlet. :) Thank you!
Post a Comment