
Let me start off with saying Happy New Year everyone! This year has gone by so fast and I cannot believe that it is almost 2012. I hope you all have had a great year, and that next year will be even better!
For the past month or two I have really gotten into browsing Modcloth.com. I think almost everything on there is absolutely adorable, but the website is pretty pricey. So I have really just been stalking the sale page, but specifically the dress section. I love dresses, but I don't have any. And I have been wanting to get some for quite some time now. But for the holidays, Modcloth had a 25% off coupon code for items in the sale section, and I was pretty excited when I learned of this, to say the least. There were a few dresses that I had my eye on for around $30 or less, and the website has free shipping, plus there was the 25% off coupon.
The thing is, I don't really have a means to buy online, because I'm only 15 and don't have a credit card or anything, obviously. So I tried to talk my parents into buying this dress for me, but my mom was talking to my Grandma and brought up the fact that I wanted the dress. So, my Grandma bought it for me as a birthday present. Granted, my birthday is not until May, so I am still pretty much dress-less, but we ordered it Tuesday, and I guess it came yesterday. And this was the free shipping option, too. I went over today because I wanted to try it on to make sure it fits, because this was the first time I had ever purchased anything from their site and I didn't want to wait five months only to find out that it didn't fit.
I purchased the En Garden Dress, which was originally $47.99 and was on sale for $33.99. With the 25% off, my total came to $25.49, and shipping was free, too. Now, I don't know if this is for first time customers, or if Modcloth does this for every purchase, but they sent me a flower hair clip, too. :)
I'm not really sure what I was expecting, but Modcloth definitely delivered way over my expectations. The dress fits perfectly, because there is a string to tighten the dress, and the straps are adjustable. And it is really soft too. I cannot wait for my birthday so I can start wearing this dress. I definitely hope to make more purchases from Modcloth in the future, but because of the pricing, I'm not sure how often I'll be able to do that.
Have any of you made any purchases from Modcloth? What are your thoughts on them? Thanks!







0 comments:
Post a Comment