Hey everyone! In this post I'm just going to talk about my method of clothes shopping. A while ago someone was saying how they always get frustrated when they go to the mall because she would see all these people walking around with bags and bags of clothes and she couldn't put together a single outfit. So, I kind of told her how I go shopping.
I can get the same way. I'll go to the mall and sometimes I will come home with absolutely nothing. And I get discouraged a lot of the time, too. But I have never been able to go to the mall and buy outfits at a time, and I don't think I ever really tried that either. But I'll just go and pick up any pieces that I like. Sometimes I'll go looking for a certain type of clothing piece, or something like that, but I'll buy separate pieces most often.
There are some outfits that I want to buy. Maybe something I got inspired by this idea and I keep picturing this perfect outfit. When I go, I'll look for parts of my outfit, but I'll never go into a store expecting to get the whole outfit at once.
If I see something that I like, and is a good price, I'll get it. I do have pieces that I haven't worn yet because I don't have anything that would go with it. But eventually I'll get something that goes with it. Right now I have about 4 pairs of tights, but I've only worn one of them once. I don't have many skirts or dresses, even though both of these are pieces that I have been wanting to add to my wardrobe. But, eventually, when I get a new, cute skirt, I'll have tights that I'll be able to wear with it, instead of waiting until Spring to wear it.
So, my advice to you is: if you frequently get frustrated because you don't find many things that work for you when you go clothes shopping, it is okay. Get what few pieces you do like. Or, if there isn't anything that you've found, it's okay. You can always go out again, at another time, to another store if you would like. Sometimes all that you need to feel as if you have a whole new wardrobe is one new piece.







0 comments:
Post a Comment